• Assign Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To fix, specify, select, or designate; to point out authoritatively or exactly; as, to assign a limit; to assign counsel for a prisoner; to assign a day for trial.
- (v.) A thing pertaining or belonging to something else; an appurtenance.
- (v. t.) To transfer, or make over to another, esp. to transfer to, and vest in, certain persons, called assignees, for the benefit of creditors.
- (v. t.) To appoint; to allot; to apportion; to make over.
- (n.) A person to whom property or an interest is transferred; as, a deed to a man and his heirs and assigns.
- (v. i.) To transfer or pass over property to another, whether for the benefit of the assignee or of the assignors creditors, or in furtherance of some trust.
• Assignor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An assigner; a person who assigns or transfers an interest; as, the assignor of a debt or other chose in action.
• Assignability Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being assignable.