• Assignat Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the notes, bills, or bonds, issued as currency by the revolutionary government of France (1790-1796), and based on the security of the lands of the church and of nobles which had been appropriated by the state.
• Assignation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An appointment of time and place for meeting or interview; -- used chiefly of love interviews, and now commonly in a bad sense.
- (n.) The act of assigning or allotting; apportionment.
- (n.) A making over by transfer of title; assignment.