Awaz in English
Awaz meaning in Urdu to English is Sound Awaz. Awaz synonym word is Fathom, Go, Good, Healthy and Heavy. Similar words of Awaz are also commonly used in daily talks like Hum ahang hona, Awaz ka rokha pan, Awaz rasan, and Awaz nikalna.
Similar Words with English Meaning
Similar Words with Urdu Meaning
Sound Definition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To cause to exit as a sound; as, to sound a note with the voice, or on an instrument.
- (superl.) Healthy; not diseased; not being in a morbid state; -- said of body or mind; as, a sound body; a sound constitution; a sound understanding.
- (superl.) Founded in law; legal; valid; not defective; as, a sound title to land.
- (v. t.) To causse to make a noise; to play on; as, to sound a trumpet or a horn.
- (superl.) Free from error; correct; right; honest; true; faithful; orthodox; -- said of persons; as, a sound lawyer; a sound thinker.
- (n.) A cuttlefish.
- (superl.) heavy; laid on with force; as, a sound beating.
- (n.) Noise without signification; empty noise; noise and nothing else.
- (superl.) Undisturbed; deep; profound; as, sound sleep.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To ascertain, or try to ascertain, the thoughts, motives, and purposes of (a person); to examine; to try; to test; to probe.
- (v. t.) To measure the depth of; to fathom; especially, to ascertain the depth of by means of a line and plummet.
- (n.) The air bladder of a fish; as, cod sounds are an esteemed article of food.
- (n.) A narrow passage of water, or a strait between the mainland and an island; also, a strait connecting two seas, or connecting a sea or lake with the ocean; as, the Sound between the Baltic and the german Ocean; Long Island Sound.
- (adv.) Soundly.
- (v. t.) To order, direct, indicate, or proclain by a sound, or sounds; to give a signal for by a certain sound; as, to sound a retreat; to sound a parley.
- (v. i.) To make or convey a certain impression, or to have a certain import, when heard; hence, to seem; to appear; as, this reproof sounds harsh; the story sounds like an invention.
- (superl.) Whole; unbroken; unharmed; free from flaw, defect, or decay; perfect of the kind; as, sound timber; sound fruit; a sound tooth; a sound ship.
- (v. i.) To be conveyed in sound; to be spread or published; to convey intelligence by sound.
- (v. i.) To make a noise; to utter a voice; to make an impulse of the air that shall strike the organs of hearing with a perceptible effect.
- (v. t.) To signify; to import; to denote.
- (v. i.) To ascertain the depth of water with a sounding line or other device.
- (n.) The occasion of sound; the impulse or vibration which would occasion sound to a percipient if present with unimpaired; hence, the theory of vibrations in elastic media such cause sound; as, a treatise on sound.
- (superl.) Firm; strong; safe.
- (v. t.) To examine the condition of (anything) by causing the same to emit sounds and noting their character; as, to sound a piece of timber; to sound a vase; to sound the lungs of a patient.
- (n.) Any elongated instrument or probe, usually metallic, by which cavities of the body are sounded or explored, especially the bladder for stone, or the urethra for a stricture.
- (v. t.) To celebrate or honor by sounds; to cause to be reported; to publish or proclaim; as, to sound the praises of fame of a great man or a great exploit.
- (v. t.) To explore, as the bladder or urethra, with a sound; to examine with a sound; also, to examine by auscultation or percussion; as, to sound a patient.
- (superl.) Founded in truth or right; supported by justice; not to be overthrown on refuted; not fallacious; as, sound argument or reasoning; a sound objection; sound doctrine; sound principles.
- (n.) The peceived object occasioned by the impulse or vibration of a material substance affecting the ear; a sensation or perception of the mind received through the ear, and produced by the impulse or vibration of the air or other medium with which the ear is in contact; the effect of an impression made on the organs of hearing by an impulse or vibration of the air caused by a collision of bodies, or by other means; noise; report; as, the sound of a drum; the sound of the human voice; a horrid sound; a charming sound; a sharp, high, or shrill sound.
Awaz Meaning in English
Urdu Word awaz is commonly used in verbal communication or written narratives. awaz meaning in English is Sound آواز. This Roman to Urdu Dictionary is helping those who want to learn the meaning of words from a reliable source. awaz word meaning along with awaz definition is given here for a better understanding of the meaning of that word. We have provided here the detailed definition of awaz, it's meaning in English, and the correct pronunciation of the word.
Dictionary always plays a vital role in learning a new language as knowing the exact use of the word is important. Find the correct meaning of awaz in English with all the key details that include Pronunciation, Similar words, and more than 1 definition for better understanding. Hum ahang hona, Awaz ka rokha pan, Awaz rasan, and Awaz nikalna are similar words of awaz. This Roman to English dictionary is more helpful to search the English meaning without any hassle.
Top Search Words Meaning In Urdu
Browse English Words by Alphabets
Multi Language Dictionary