• Barded Definition & Synonyms
- (p.a.) Accoutered with defensive armor; -- said of a horse.
- (p.a.) Wearing rich caparisons.
• Bard Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The exterior covering of the trunk and branches of a tree; the rind.
- (n.) A professional poet and singer, as among the ancient Celts, whose occupation was to compose and sing verses in honor of the heroic achievements of princes and brave men.
- (n.) Specifically, Peruvian bark.
- (n.) Alt. of Barde
- (n.) Hence: A poet; as, the bard of Avon.
- (v. t.) To cover (meat or game) with a thin slice of fat bacon.
• Barde Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A piece of defensive (or, sometimes, ornamental) armor for a horses neck, breast, and flanks; a barb. [Often in the pl.]
- (pl.) Defensive armor formerly worn by a man at arms.
- (pl.) A thin slice of fat bacon used to cover any meat or game.