• Barren Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Unproductive; fruitless; unprofitable; empty.
- (a.) Mentally dull; stupid.
- (a.) Not producing vegetation, or useful vegetation; /rile.
- (n.) A tract of barren land.
- (n.) Elevated lands or plains on which grow small trees, but not timber; as, pine barrens; oak barrens. They are not necessarily sterile, and are often fertile.
- (a.) Incapable of producing offspring; producing no young; sterile; -- said of women and female animals.
• Barrenly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Unfruitfully; unproductively.
• Barrenwort Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An herbaceous plant of the Barberry family (Epimedium alpinum), having leaves that are bitter and said to be sudorific.