• Bask Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To warm by continued exposure to heat; to warm with genial heat.
- (v. t.) To lie in warmth; to be exposed to genial heat.
• Basking shark Definition & Synonyms
- () One of the largest species of sharks (Cetorhinus maximus), so called from its habit of basking in the sun; the liver shark, or bone shark. It inhabits the northern seas of Europe and America, and grows to a length of more than forty feet. It is a harmless species.
• Basked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bask