• Batta Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Rate of exchange; also, the discount on uncurrent coins.
- (n.) Extra pay; esp. an extra allowance to an English officer serving in India.
• Battalia Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An army in battle array; also, the main battalia or body.
- (n.) Order of battle; disposition or arrangement of troops (brigades, regiments, battalions, etc.), or of a naval force, for action.
• Battalion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A body of troops; esp. a body of troops or an army in battle array.
- (v. t.) To form into battalions.
- (n.) A regiment, or two or more companies of a regiment, esp. when assembled for drill or battle.
- (n.) An infantry command of two or more companies, which is the tactical unit of the infantry, or the smallest command which is self-supporting upon the battlefield, and also the unit in which the strength of the infantry of an army is expressed.