• Beaked Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Furnished with a process or a mouth like a beak; rostrate.
- (a.) Having a beak or a beaklike point; beak-shaped.
• Beak Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A similar bill in other animals, as the turtles.
- (n.) The long projecting sucking mouth of some insects, and other invertebrates, as in the Hemiptera.
- (n.) A toe clip. See Clip, n. (Far.).
- (n.) The upper or projecting part of the shell, near the hinge of a bivalve.
- (n.) The bill or nib of a bird, consisting of a horny sheath, covering the jaws. The form varied much according to the food and habits of the bird, and is largely used in the classification of birds.
- (n.) Anything projecting or ending in a point, like a beak, as a promontory of land.
- (n.) A beam, shod or armed at the end with a metal head or point, and projecting from the prow of an ancient galley, in order to pierce the vessel of an enemy; a beakhead.
- (n.) That part of a ship, before the forecastle, which is fastened to the stem, and supported by the main knee.
- (n.) A continuous slight projection ending in an arris or narrow fillet; that part of a drip from which the water is thrown off.
- (n.) Any process somewhat like the beak of a bird, terminating the fruit or other parts of a plant.
- (n.) A magistrate or policeman.
- (n.) The prolongation of certain univalve shells containing the canal.