• Belly Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to swell out; to fill.
- (n.) The hollow part of a curved or bent timber, the convex part of which is the back.
- (n.) The womb.
- (n.) That part of the human body which extends downward from the breast to the thighs, and contains the bowels, or intestines; the abdomen.
- (v. i.) To swell and become protuberant, like the belly; to bulge.
- (n.) The part of anything which resembles the human belly in protuberance or in cavity; the innermost part; as, the belly of a flask, muscle, sail, ship.
- (n.) The under part of the body of animals, corresponding to the human belly.
• Belly-god Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One whose great pleasure it is to gratify his appetite; a glutton; an epicure.