• Blank Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A kind of base silver money, first coined in England by Henry V., and worth about 8 pence; also, a French coin of the seventeenth century, worth about 4 pence.
- (a.) Of a white or pale color; without color.
- (a.) Absolute; downright; unmixed; as, blank terror.
- (v. t.) To make void; to annul.
- (n.) A piece of metal prepared to be made into something by a further operation, as a coin, screw, nuts.
- (n.) A paper unwritten; a paper without marks or characters a blank ballot; -- especially, a paper on which are to be inserted designated items of information, for which spaces are left vacant; a bland form.
- (n.) A lot by which nothing is gained; a ticket in a lottery on which no prize is indicated.
- (n.) Aim; shot; range.
- (n.) A paper containing the substance of a legal instrument, as a deed, release, writ, or execution, with spaces left to be filled with names, date, descriptions, etc.
- (a.) Empty; void; without result; fruitless; as, a blank space; a blank day.
- (a.) Lacking characteristics which give variety; as, a blank desert; a blank wall; destitute of interests, affections, hopes, etc.; as, to live a blank existence; destitute of sensations; as, blank unconsciousness.
- (v. t.) To blanch; to make blank; to damp the spirits of; to dispirit or confuse.
- (a.) Free from writing, printing, or marks; having an empty space to be filled in with some special writing; -- said of checks, official documents, etc.; as, blank paper; a blank check; a blank ballot.
- (a.) Utterly confounded or discomfited.
- (n.) Any void space; a void space on paper, or in any written instrument; an interval void of consciousness, action, result, etc; a void.
- (n.) A piece or division of a piece, without spots; as, the "double blank"; the "six blank."
- (a.) Lacking animation and intelligence, or their associated characteristics, as expression of face, look, etc.; expressionless; vacant.
- (n.) The point aimed at in a target, marked with a white spot; hence, the object to which anything is directed.
• Blanked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Blank
• Blanket mortgage Definition & Synonyms
- () Alt. of policy