• Bloted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Blote
• Blot Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To obliterate, as writing with ink; to cancel; to efface; -- generally with out; as, to blot out a word or a sentence. Often figuratively; as, to blot out offenses.
- (n.) A spot on reputation; a stain; a disgrace; a reproach; a blemish.
- (v. t.) To obscure; to eclipse; to shadow.
- (v. t.) To dry, as writing, with blotting paper.
- (n.) A single man left on a point, exposed to be taken up.
- (n.) An obliteration of something written or printed; an erasure.
- (v. t.) To spot, stain, or bespatter, as with ink.
- (v. i.) To take a blot; as, this paper blots easily.
- (n.) An exposure of a single man to be taken up.
- (n.) A spot or stain, as of ink on paper; a blur.
- (v. t.) To stain with infamy; to disgrace.
- (v. t.) To impair; to damage; to mar; to soil.
- (n.) A weak point; a failing; an exposed point or mark.
• Blote Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cure, as herrings, by salting and smoking them; to bloat.