• Breasted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Breast
- (a.) Having a breast; -- used in composition with qualifying words, in either a literal or a metaphorical sense; as, a single-breasted coat.
• Breast Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Anything resembling the human breast, or bosom; the front or forward part of anything; as, a chimney breast; a plow breast; the breast of a hill.
- (n.) The front of a furnace.
- (n.) The power of singing; a musical voice; -- so called, probably, from the connection of the voice with the lungs, which lie within the breast.
- (n.) The fore part of the body, between the neck and the belly; the chest; as, the breast of a man or of a horse.
- (v. t.) To meet, with the breast; to struggle with or oppose manfully; as, to breast the storm or waves.
- (n.) Either one of the protuberant glands, situated on the front of the chest or thorax in the female of man and of some other mammalia, in which milk is secreted for the nourishment of the young; a mamma; a teat.
- (n.) The seat of consciousness; the repository of thought and self-consciousness, or of secrets; the seat of the affections and passions; the heart.
- (n.) The face of a coal working.
- (n.) A torus.