• Broker Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A pimp or procurer.
- (v. t.) A dealer in money, notes, bills of exchange, etc.
- (v. t.) A dealer in secondhand goods.
- (v. t.) An agent employed to effect bargains and contracts, as a middleman or negotiator, between other persons, for a compensation commonly called brokerage. He takes no possession, as broker, of the subject matter of the negotiation. He generally contracts in the names of those who employ him, and not in his own.
- (v. t.) One who transacts business for another; an agent.
• Brokery Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The business of a broker.
• Brokerly Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Mean; servile.