• Buffer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who polishes with a buff.
- (n.) A pad or cushion forming the end of a fender, which receives the blow; -- sometimes called buffing apparatus.
- (n.) A good-humored, slow-witted fellow; -- usually said of an elderly man.
- (n.) A wheel for buffing; a buff.
- (n.) An elastic apparatus or fender, for deadening the jar caused by the collision of bodies; as, a buffer at the end of a railroad car.
• Bufferhead Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The head of a buffer, which recieves the concussion, in railroad carriages.