• Bulk Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) A projecting part of a building.
- (v. i.) To appear or seem to be, as to bulk or extent; to swell.
- (n.) The body.
- (n.) The cargo of a vessel when stowed.
- (n.) The main mass or body; the largest or principal portion; the majority; as, the bulk of a debt.
- (n.) Magnitude of material substance; dimensions; mass; size; as, an ox or ship of great bulk.
• Bulker Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A person employed to ascertain the bulk or size of goods, in order to fix the amount of freight or dues payable on them.
• Bulkhead Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A structure of wood or stone, to resist the pressure of earth or water; a partition wall or structure, as in a mine; the limiting wall along a water front.
- (n.) A partition in a vessel, to separate apartments on the same deck.