• Butted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Butt
- (imp. & p. p.) of But
• Butt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To join at the butt, end, or outward extremity; to terminate; to be bounded; to abut.
- (n.) The common English flounder.
- (v. t.) Alt. of But
- (v. i.) To thrust the head forward; to strike by thrusting the head forward, as an ox or a ram. [See Butt, n.]
- (n.) A large cask or vessel for wine or beer. It contains two hogsheads.
- (v. t.) To strike by thrusting the head against; to strike with the head.
, Butt joint
• Butte Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A detached low mountain, or high rising abruptly from the general level of the surrounding plain; -- applied to peculiar elevations in the Rocky Mountain region.