• Channeling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act or process of forming a channel or channels.
- (n.) A channel or a system of channels; a groove.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Channel
• Channel Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To form a channel in; to cut or wear a channel or channels in; to groove.
- (v. t.) To course through or over, as in a channel.
- (n.) A strait, or narrow sea, between two portions of lands; as, the British Channel.
- (n.) Flat ledges of heavy plank bolted edgewise to the outside of a vessel, to increase the spread of the shrouds and carry them clear of the bulwarks.
- (n.) That through which anything passes; means of passing, conveying, or transmitting; as, the news was conveyed to us by different channels.
- (n.) The deeper part of a river, harbor, strait, etc., where the main current flows, or which affords the best and safest passage for vessels.
- (n.) The hollow bed where a stream of water runs or may run.
- (n.) A gutter; a groove, as in a fluted column.