• Chant Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To sing or recite after the manner of a chant, or to a tune called a chant.
- (v. t.) A short and simple melody, divided into two parts by double bars, to which unmetrical psalms, etc., are sung or recited. It is the most ancient form of choral music.
- (v. i.) To make melody with the voice; to sing.
- (v. t.) To celebrate in song.
- (v. t.) Twang; manner of speaking; a canting tone.
- (v. t.) Song; melody.
- (v. t.) To utter with a melodious voice; to sing.
- (v. i.) To sing, as in reciting a chant.
- (v. t.) A psalm, etc., arranged for chanting.
• Chantant Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Composed in a melodious and singing style.
• Chantress Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A female chanter or singer.