• Choked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Choke
• Choke Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To render unable to breathe by filling, pressing upon, or squeezing the windpipe; to stifle; to suffocate; to strangle.
- (n.) A constriction in the bore of a shotgun, case of a rocket, etc.
- (v. t.) To obstruct by filling up or clogging any passage; to block up.
- (v. t.) To affect with a sense of strangulation by passion or strong feeling.
- (v. t.) To make a choke, as in a cartridge, or in the bore of the barrel of a shotgun.
- (v. i.) To have the windpipe stopped; to have a spasm of the throat, caused by stoppage or irritation of the windpipe; to be strangled.
- (v. i.) To be checked, as if by choking; to stick.
- (v. t.) To hinder or check, as growth, expansion, progress, etc.; to stifle.
- (n.) A stoppage or irritation of the windpipe, producing the feeling of strangulation.
- (n.) The tied end of a cartridge.
, Choking coil
• Chokedar Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A watchman; an officer of customs or police.