• Coin Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To manufacture counterfeit money.
- (n.) A piece of metal on which certain characters are stamped by government authority, making it legally current as money; -- much used in a collective sense.
- (v. t.) To acquire rapidly, as money; to make.
- (v. t.) To make or fabricate; to invent; to originate; as, to coin a word.
- (v. t.) To make of a definite fineness, and convert into coins, as a mass of metal; to mint; to manufacture; as, to coin silver dollars; to coin a medal.
- (n.) That which serves for payment or recompense.
- (n.) A quoin; a corner or external angle; a wedge. See Coigne, and Quoin.
• Coinage Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) The act or process of fabricating or inventing; formation; fabrication; that which is fabricated or forged.
- (v. t.) Coins; the aggregate coin of a time or place.
- (v. t.) The act or process of converting metal into money.
- (v. t.) The cost or expense of coining money.