• Collate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To bestow or confer.
- (v. t.) To present and institute in a benefice, when the person presenting is both the patron and the ordinary; -- followed by to.
- (v. t.) To compare critically, as books or manuscripts, in order to note the points of agreement or disagreement.
- (v. t.) To gather and place in order, as the sheets of a book for binding.
- (v. i.) To place in a benefice, when the person placing is both the patron and the ordinary.
• Collated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Collate
• Collateral Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Coming from, being on, or directed toward, the side; as, collateral pressure.
- (a.) Related to, but not strictly a part of, the main thing or matter under consideration; hence, subordinate; not chief or principal; as, collateral interest; collateral issues.
- (a.) Descending from the same stock or ancestor, but not in the same line or branch or one from the other; -- opposed to lineal.
- (n.) Collateral security; that which is pledged or deposited as collateral security.
- (n.) A collateral relative.
- (a.) Acting in an indirect way.
- (a.) Tending toward the same conclusion or result as something else; additional; as, collateral evidence.