• Colloid Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Resembling glue or jelly; characterized by a jellylike appearance; gelatinous; as, colloid tumors.
- (n.) A substance (as albumin, gum, gelatin, etc.) which is of a gelatinous rather than a crystalline nature, and which diffuses itself through animal membranes or vegetable parchment more slowly than crystalloids do; -- opposed to crystalloid.
- (n.) A gelatinous substance found in colloid degeneration and colloid cancer.
• Colloidality Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state or quality of being colloidal.
• Colloidal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to, or of the nature of, colloids.