• Comes Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The answer to the theme (dux) in a fugue.
• Come Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To approach or arrive, as if by a journey or from a distance.
- (p. p.) of Come
- (n.) To arrive in sight; to be manifest; to appear.
- (n.) Coming.
- (n.) To get to be, as the result of change or progress; -- with a predicate; as, to come untied.
- (n.) To move hitherward; to draw near; to approach the speaker, or some place or person indicated; -- opposed to go.
- (n.) To approach or arrive, as the result of a cause, or of the act of another.
- (n.) To complete a movement toward a place; to arrive.
- (v. t.) To carry through; to succeed in; as, you cant come any tricks here.
• Comessation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A reveling; a rioting.
• Comestible Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Something suitable to be eaten; -- commonly in the plural.
- (a.) Suitable to be eaten; eatable; esculent.