• Companies Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Company
• Company Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A companion or companions.
- (n.) The state of being a companion or companions; the act of accompanying; fellowship; companionship; society; friendly intercourse.
- (n.) The body of actors employed in a theater or in the production of a play.
- (v. i.) To have sexual commerce.
- (n.) Partners in a firm whose names are not mentioned in its style or title; -- often abbreviated in writing; as, Hottinguer & Co.
- (n.) A subdivision of a regiment of troops under the command of a captain, numbering in the United States (full strength) 100 men.
- (v. i.) To be a gay companion.
- (n.) An assemblage or association of persons, either permanent or transient.
- (n.) Society, in general; people assembled for social intercourse.
- (n.) The crew of a ship, including the officers; as, a whole ships company.
- (n.) An association of persons for the purpose of carrying on some enterprise or business; a corporation; a firm; as, the East India Company; an insurance company; a joint-stock company.
- (v. t.) To accompany or go with; to be companion to.
- (n.) Guests or visitors, in distinction from the members of a family; as, to invite company to dine.
- (v. i.) To associate.