• Connate Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Congenitally united; growing from one base, or united at their bases; united into one body; as, connate leaves or athers. See Illust. of Connate-perfoliate.
- (a.) Born with another; being of the same birth.
- (a.) Congenital; existing from birth.
• Connate-perfoliate Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Connate or coalescent at the base so as to produce a broad foliaceous body through the center of which the stem passes; -- applied to leaves, as the leaves of the boneset.