• Connive Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To close the eyes upon a fault; to wink (at); to fail or forbear by intention to discover an act; to permit a proceeding, as if not aware of it; -- usually followed by at.
- (v. t.) To shut the eyes to; to overlook; to pretend not to see.
- (v. i.) To open and close the eyes rapidly; to wink.
• Connivent Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Forbearing to see; designedly inattentive; as, connivent justice.
- (a.) Brought close together; arched inward so that the points meet; converging; in close contact; as, the connivent petals of a flower, wings of an insect, or folds of membrane in the human system, etc.
• Connived Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Connive