• Conservative Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having power to preserve in a safe of entire state, or from loss, waste, or injury; preservative.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a political party which favors the conservation of existing institutions and forms of government, as the Conservative party in England; -- contradistinguished from Liberal and Radical.
- (n.) One who desires to maintain existing institutions and customs; also, one who holds moderate opinions in politics; -- opposed to revolutionary or radical.
- (n.) A member of the Conservative party.
- (a.) Tending or disposed to maintain existing institutions; opposed to change or innovation.
- (n.) One who, or that which, preserves from ruin, injury, innovation, or radical change; a preserver; a conserver.
• Conservativeness Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) The quality of being conservative.