• Conservator Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who has an official charge of preserving the rights and privileges of a city, corporation, community, or estate.
- (n.) One who preserves from injury or violation; a protector; a preserver.
- (n.) An officer who has charge of preserving the public peace, as a justice or sheriff.
• Conservatory Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A place for preserving anything from loss, decay, waste, or injury; particulary, a greenhouse for preserving exotic or tender plants.
- (a.) Having the quality of preserving from loss, decay, or injury.
- (n.) A public place of instruction, designed to preserve and perfect the knowledge of some branch of science or art, esp. music.
- (n.) That which preserves from injury.