• Constant Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Not liable, or given, to change; permanent; regular; continuous; continually recurring; steadfast; faithful; not fickle.
- (n.) A quantity that does not change its value; -- used in countradistinction to variable.
- (v. t.) Consistent; logical.
- (v. t.) Remaining unchanged or invariable, as a quantity, force, law, etc.
- (v. t.) Firm; solid; fixed; immovable; -- opposed to fluid.
- (n.) That which is not subject to change; that which is invariable.
- (n.) A number whose value, when ascertained (as by observation) and substituted in a general mathematical formula expressing an astronomical law, completely determines that law and enables predictions to be made of its effect in particular cases.
- (n.) A number expressing some property or condition of a substance or of an instrument of precision; as, the dielectric constant of quartz; the collimation constant of a transit instrument.
• Constantly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) With constancy; steadily; continually; perseveringly; without cessation; uniformly.