• Contradict Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To be contrary to; to oppose; to resist.
- (v. t.) To assert the contrary of; to oppose in words; to take issue with; to gainsay; to deny the truth of, as of a statement or a speaker; to impugn.
- (v. i.) To oppose in words; to gainsay; to deny, or assert the contrary of, something.
• Contradictoriness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being contradictory; opposition; inconsistency.
• Contradiction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Direct opposition or repugnancy; inconsistency; incongruity or contrariety; one who, or that which, is inconsistent.
- (n.) An assertion of the contrary to what has been said or affirmed; denial of the truth of a statement or assertion; contrary declaration; gainsaying.