• Corking Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Cork
• Cork Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To furnish or fit with cork; to raise on cork.
- (n.) The outer layer of the bark of the cork tree (Quercus Suber), of which stoppers for bottles and casks are made. See Cutose.
- (n.) A mass of tabular cells formed in any kind of bark, in greater or less abundance.
- (n.) A stopper for a bottle or cask, cut out of cork.
- (v. t.) To stop with a cork, as a bottle.
• Corking pin Definition & Synonyms
- () A pin of a large size, formerly used attaching a womans headdress to a cork mold.