• Corrupt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To waste, spoil, or consume; to make worthless.
- (a.) Abounding in errors; not genuine or correct; as, the text of the manuscript is corrupt.
- (v. i.) To become putrid or tainted; to putrefy; to rot.
- (v. t.) To change from a sound to a putrid or putrescent state; to make putrid; to putrefy.
- (v. t.) To draw aside from the path of rectitude and duty; as, to corrupt a judge by a bribe.
- (v. t.) To change from good to bad; to vitiate; to deprave; to pervert; to debase; to defile.
- (v. t.) To debase or render impure by alterations or innovations; to falsify; as, to corrupt language; to corrupt the sacred text.
- (a.) Changed from a sound to a putrid state; spoiled; tainted; vitiated; unsound.
- (a.) Changed from a state of uprightness, correctness, truth, etc., to a worse state; vitiated; depraved; debased; perverted; as, corrupt language; corrupt judges.
- (v. i.) To become vitiated; to lose putity or goodness.
• Corruptful Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Tending to corrupt; full of corruption.
• Corruptly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a corrupt manner; by means of corruption or corrupting influences; wrongfully.