• Coward Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Belonging to a coward; proceeding from, or expressive of, base fear or timidity.
- (v. t.) To make timorous; to frighten.
- (a.) Destitute of courage; timid; cowardly.
- (n.) A person who lacks courage; a timid or pusillanimous person; a poltroon.
- (a.) Borne in the escutcheon with his tail doubled between his legs; -- said of a lion.
• Cowardice Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Want of courage to face danger; extreme timidity; pusillanimity; base fear of danger or hurt; lack of spirit.
• Cowardie Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Cowardice.