• Crazing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Craze
- (n.) Fine cracks resulting from shrinkage on the surface of glazed pottery, concrete, or other material. The admired crackle in some Oriental potteries and porcelains is crazing produced in a foreseen and regulated way. In common pottery it is often the result of exposure to undue heat, and the beginning of disintegration.
• Craze Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To derange the intellect of; to render insane.
- (v. i.) To crack, as the glazing of porcelain or pottery.
- (v. i.) To be crazed, or to act or appear as one that is crazed; to rave; to become insane.
- (v. t.) To break into pieces; to crush; to grind to powder. See Crase.
- (n.) A strong habitual desire or fancy; a crotchet.
- (n.) A temporary passion or infatuation, as for same new amusement, pursuit, or fashion; as, the bric-a-brac craze; the aesthetic craze.
- (v. t.) To weaken; to impair; to render decrepit.
- (n.) Craziness; insanity.
- (n.) A crack in the glaze or enamel such as is caused by exposure of the pottery to great or irregular heat.
• Crazing-mill Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A mill for grinding tin ore.