• Crooking Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Crook
• Crook Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bishops staff of office. Cf. Pastoral staff.
- (n.) To turn from a straight line; to bend; to curve.
- (n.) A person given to fraudulent practices; an accomplice of thieves, forgers, etc.
- (n.) An artifice; trick; tricky device; subterfuge.
- (n.) A small tube, usually curved, applied to a trumpet, horn, etc., to change its pitch or key.
- (n.) The staff used by a shepherd, the hook of which serves to hold a runaway sheep.
- (n.) Any implement having a bent or crooked end.
- (n.) To turn from the path of rectitude; to pervert; to misapply; to twist.
- (n.) A bend, turn, or curve; curvature; flexure.
- (n.) A pothook.
- (v. i.) To bend; to curve; to wind; to have a curvature.