• Crush Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To press or bruise between two hard bodies; to squeeze, so as to destroy the natural shape or integrity of the parts, or to force together into a mass; as, to crush grapes.
- (n.) A violent collision or compression; a crash; destruction; ruin.
- (v. t.) To overwhelm by pressure or weight; to beat or force down, as by an incumbent weight.
- (v. i.) To be or become broken down or in, or pressed into a smaller compass, by external weight or force; as, an eggshell crushes easily.
- (v. t.) To reduce to fine particles by pounding or grinding; to comminute; as, to crush quartz.
- (v. t.) To oppress or burden grievously.
- (n.) Violent pressure, as of a crowd; a crowd which produced uncomfortable pressure; as, a crush at a peception.
- (v. t.) To overcome completely; to subdue totally.
• Crushed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Crush