• Curry Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To dress the hair or coat of (a horse, ox, or the like) with a currycomb and brush; to comb, as a horse, in order to make clean.
- (n.) A kind of sauce much used in India, containing garlic, pepper, ginger, and other strong spices.
- (v. t.) To beat or bruise; to drub; -- said of persons.
- (v. t.) To dress or prepare for use by a process of scraping, cleansing, beating, smoothing, and coloring; -- said of leather.
- (n.) A stew of fowl, fish, or game, cooked with curry.
- (v. t.) To flavor or cook with curry.
• Currycomb Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To comb with a currycomb.
- (n.) A kind of card or comb having rows of metallic teeth or serrated ridges, used in currying a horse.