• Dating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Date
• Date Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That addition to a writing, inscription, coin, etc., which specifies the time (as day, month, and year) when the writing or inscription was given, or executed, or made; as, the date of a letter, of a will, of a deed, of a coin. etc.
- (n.) Given or assigned length of life; dyration.
- (v. t.) To note the time of writing or executing; to express in an instrument the time of its execution; as, to date a letter, a bond, a deed, or a charter.
- (n.) Assigned end; conclusion.
- (v. i.) To have beginning; to begin; to be dated or reckoned; -- with from.
- (v. t.) To note or fix the time of, as of an event; to give the date of; as, to date the building of the pyramids.
- (n.) The fruit of the date palm; also, the date palm itself.
- (n.) The point of time at which a transaction or event takes place, or is appointed to take place; a given point of time; epoch; as, the date of a battle.