• Defiling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Defile
• Defile Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To injure in purity of character; to corrupt.
- (v. t.) To soil or sully; to tarnish, as reputation; to taint.
- (v. i.) To march off in a line, file by file; to file off.
- (v. t.) To make ceremonially unclean; to pollute.
- (v. t.) To make foul or impure; to make filthy; to dirty; to befoul; to pollute.
- (n.) Any narrow passage or gorge in which troops can march only in a file, or with a narrow front; a long, narrow pass between hills, rocks, etc.
- (v. t.) To corrupt the chastity of; to debauch; to violate.
- (v. t.) Same as Defilade.
- (n.) The act of defilading a fortress, or of raising the exterior works in order to protect the interior. See Defilade.