• Democracy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Collectively, the people, regarded as the source of government.
- (n.) Government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is retained and directly exercised by the people.
- (n.) The principles and policy of the Democratic party, so called.
- (n.) Government by popular representation; a form of government in which the supreme power is retained by the people, but is indirectly exercised through a system of representation and delegated authority periodically renewed; a constitutional representative government; a republic.