• Dependence Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Subjection to the direction or disposal of another; inability to help or provide for ones self.
- (n.) That on which one depends or relies; as, he was her sole dependence.
- (n.) A resting with confidence; reliance; trust.
- (n.) The state of being influenced and determined by something; subjection (as of an effect to its cause).
- (n.) The act or state of depending; state of being dependent; a hanging down or from; suspension from a support.
- (n.) Mutu/// /onnection and support; concatenation; systematic ///er relation.
- (n.) A matter depending, or in suspense, and still to be determined; ground of controversy or quarrel.
- (n.) That which depends; anything dependent or suspended; anything attached a subordinate to, or contingent on, something else.