• Depositing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Deposit
• Deposit Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To lay aside; to rid ones self of.
- (v. t.) That which is placed anywhere, or in any ones hands, for safe keeping; something intrusted to the care of another; esp., money lodged with a bank or banker, subject to order; anything given as pledge or security.
- (v. t.) A place of deposit; a depository.
- (n.) To lay down; to place; to put; to let fall or throw down (as sediment); as, a crocodile deposits her eggs in the sand; the waters deposited a rich alluvium.
- (n.) To lay up or away for safe keeping; to put up; to store; as, to deposit goods in a warehouse.
- (v. t.) A bailment of money or goods to be kept gratuitously for the bailor.
- (v. t.) A natural occurrence of a useful mineral under the conditions to invite exploitation.
- (v. t.) Money lodged with a party as earnest or security for the performance of a duty assumed by the person depositing.
- (n.) To lodge in some ones hands for safe keeping; to commit to the custody of another; to intrust; esp., to place in a bank, as a sum of money subject to order.
- (v. t.) That which is deposited, or laid or thrown down; as, a deposit in a flue; especially, matter precipitated from a solution (as the siliceous deposits of hot springs), or that which is mechanically deposited (as the mud, gravel, etc., deposits of a river).