• Devil Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make like a devil; to invest with the character of a devil.
- (v. t.) To grill with Cayenne pepper; to season highly in cooking, as with pepper.
- (n.) An evil spirit; a demon.
- (n.) A machine for tearing or cutting rags, cotton, etc.
- (n.) The Evil One; Satan, represented as the tempter and spiritual of mankind.
- (n.) A very wicked person; hence, any great evil.
- (n.) An expletive of surprise, vexation, or emphasis, or, ironically, of negation.
- (n.) A dish, as a bone with the meat, broiled and excessively peppered; a grill with Cayenne pepper.
• Devil bird Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small water bird. See Dabchick.