• Difficulties Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Difficulty
• Difficulty Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Embarrassment of affairs, especially financial affairs; -- usually in the plural; as, to be in difficulties.
- (n.) A controversy; a falling out; a disagreement; an objection; a cavil.
- (n.) Something difficult; a thing hard to do or to understand; that which occasions labor or perplexity, and requires skill and perseverance to overcome, solve, or achieve; a hard enterprise; an obstacle; an impediment; as, the difficulties of a science; difficulties in theology.
- (n.) The state of being difficult, or hard to do; hardness; arduousness; -- opposed to easiness or facility; as, the difficulty of a task or enterprise; a work of difficulty.