• Discovery Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Exploration; examination.
- (n.) That which is discovered; a thing found out, or for the first time ascertained or recognized; as, the properties of the magnet were an important discovery.
- (n.) Finding out or ascertaining something previously unknown or unrecognized; as, Harveys discovery of the circulation of the blood.
- (n.) The action of discovering; exposure to view; laying open; showing; as, the discovery of a plot.
- (n.) A making known; revelation; disclosure; as, a bankrupt is bound to make a full discovery of his assets.
• Discovery Day Definition & Synonyms
- () = Columbus Day, above.