• Distracting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Distract
- (a.) Tending or serving to distract.
• Distract Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Insane; mad.
- (v. t.) To draw apart or away; to divide; to disjoin.
- (v. t.) To draw (the sight, mind, or attention) in different directions; to perplex; to confuse; as, to distract the eye; to distract the attention.
- (v. t.) To agitate by conflicting passions, or by a variety of motives or of cares; to confound; to harass.
- (a.) Separated; drawn asunder.
- (v. t.) To unsettle the reason of; to render insane; to craze; to madden; -- most frequently used in the participle, distracted.