• Disturbance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An interruption of a state of peace or quiet; derangement of the regular course of things; disquiet; disorder; as, a disturbance of religious exercises; a disturbance of the galvanic current.
- (n.) Violent agitation in the body politic; public commotion; tumult.
- (n.) Confusion of the mind; agitation of the feelings; perplexity; uneasiness.
- (n.) The hindering or disquieting of a person in the lawful and peaceable enjoyment of his right; the interruption of a right; as, the disturbance of a franchise, of common, of ways, and the like.