• Drench Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A drink; a draught; specifically, a potion of medicine poured or forced down the throat; also, a potion that causes purging.
- (v. t.) To cause to drink; especially, to dose by force; to put a potion down the throat of, as of a horse; hence. to purge violently by physic.
- (v. t.) To steep in moisture; to wet thoroughly; to soak; to saturate with water or other liquid; to immerse.
- (n.) A military vassal mentioned in Domesday Book.
• Drenche Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t. & i.) To drown.