Drift Meaning in Urdu
Drift meaning in English to Urdu is بہہ جانا (Beh jaana). Drift synonym words are included Blow, Cast, Err, Float, Freewheel, Gallery, Heading, Impetus, Impulsion, Movement, Purport, Ramble, Range, Roam, Rove, Stray, Swan, Tramp, Trend, Vagabond, Wander. Similar words of Drift are also commonly used in daily talk like as Drifty, Driftage, and Driftless.
Similar Words with Urdu Meaning
Drift Definition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A passage driven or cut between shaft and shaft; a driftway; a small subterranean gallery; an adit or tunnel.
- (v. i.) To float or be driven along by, or as by, a current of water or air; as, the ship drifted astern; a raft drifted ashore; the balloon drifts slowly east.
- (n.) That which is driven, forced, or urged along
- (v. i.) To accumulate in heaps by the force of wind; to be driven into heaps; as, snow or sand drifts.
- (v. t.) To drive or carry, as currents do a floating body.
- (n.) A driving; a violent movement.
- (n.) The act or motion of drifting; the force which impels or drives; an overpowering influence or impulse.
- (v. i.) to make a drift; to examine a vein or ledge for the purpose of ascertaining the presence of metals or ores; to follow a vein; to prospect.
- (n.) Course or direction along which anything is driven; setting.
- (n.) Anything driven at random.
- (n.) A drove or flock, as of cattle, sheep, birds.
- (v. t.) To drive into heaps; as, a current of wind drifts snow or sand.
- (n.) A mass of matter which has been driven or forced onward together in a body, or thrown together in a heap, etc., esp. by wind or water; as, a drift of snow, of ice, of sand, and the like.
- (n.) The distance between the two blocks of a tackle.
- (n.) A collection of loose earth and rocks, or boulders, which have been distributed over large portions of the earths surface, especially in latitudes north of forty degrees, by the agency of ice.
- (n.) In South Africa, a ford in a river.
- (n.) A deviation from the line of fire, peculiar to oblong projectiles.
- (v. t.) To enlarge or shape, as a hole, with a drift.
- (n.) The distance to which a vessel is carried off from her desired course by the wind, currents, or other causes.
- (n.) The tendency of an act, argument, course of conduct, or the like; object aimed at or intended; intention; hence, also, import or meaning of a sentence or discourse; aim.
- (a.) That causes drifting or that is drifted; movable by wind or currents; as, drift currents; drift ice; drift mud.
- (n.) A tool used in driving down compactly the composition contained in a rocket, or like firework.
- (n.) A slightly tapered tool of steel for enlarging or shaping a hole in metal, by being forced or driven into or through it; a broach.
- (n.) The distance through which a current flows in a given time.
- (n.) The horizontal thrust or pressure of an arch or vault upon the abutments.
- (n.) The angle which the line of a ships motion makes with the meridian, in drifting.
- (n.) The place in a deep-waisted vessel where the sheer is raised and the rail is cut off, and usually terminated with a scroll, or driftpiece.
- (n.) The difference between the size of a bolt and the hole into which it is driven, or between the circumference of a hoop and that of the mast on which it is to be driven.
- (n.) The horizontal component of the pressure of the air on the sustaining surfaces of a flying machine. The lift is the corresponding vertical component, which sustains the machine in the air.
- (n.) One of the slower movements of oceanic circulation; a general tendency of the water, subject to occasional or frequent diversion or reversal by the wind; as, the easterly drift of the North Pacific.
Drift Urdu Meaning with Definition
Drift is an English word that is used in many sentences in different contexts. Drift meaning in Urdu is a بہہ جانا - Beh jaana. Drift word is driven by the English language. Drift word meaning in English is well described here in English as well as in Urdu. You can use this amazing English to Urdu dictionary online to check the meaning of other words too as the word Drift meaning.
Finding the exact meaning of any word online is a little tricky. There is more than 1 meaning of each word. However the meaning of Drift stated above is reliable and authentic. It can be used in various sentences and Drift word synonyms are also given on this page. Dictionary is a helpful tool for everyone who wants to learn a new word or wants to find the meaning. This English to Urdu dictionary online is easy to use and carry in your pocket. Similar to the meaning of Drift, you can check other words' meanings as well by searching it online.
Top Search Words Meaning In Urdu
Drift Meaning in Different Languages
Browse English Words by Alphabets
Multi Language Dictionary