• Ebb Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Receding; going out; falling; shallow; low.
- (v. i.) To return or fall back from a better to a worse state; to decline; to decay; to recede.
- (n.) The European bunting.
- (n.) The state or time of passing away; a falling from a better to a worse state; low state or condition; decline; decay.
- (v. i.) To flow back; to return, as the water of a tide toward the ocean; -- opposed to flow.
- (v. t.) To cause to flow back.
- (n.) The reflux or flowing back of the tide; the return of the tidal wave toward the sea; -- opposed to flood; as, the boats will go out on the ebb.
• Ebbing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Ebb